Xiaomi Mi 6X (MIA2) vs Redmi Note 5 Pro, A comparison by specifications.
Have a look at the specs of both the devices. Here we are having a spec wise comparison between different aspects of redmi note 5 pro and MI6X. both are great devices and have their unique identity. Please share and do subscribe to our blog for news and updates.
|Xiaomi Mi 6X (China)||Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (China version)|
|DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT||158.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm | 168 grams||158.4 x 75.4 x 8.05mm | 181 grams|
|DISPLAY||5.99-inch, 18:9 FHD+, 403 ppi, 1500:1 contrast ratio||5.99-inch, 18:9 FHD+, 403 ppi, 1000:1 contrast ratio|
|PROCESSOR||SD660 @ 2.2GHz||SD636 @1.8GHz|
|MEMORY||4GB / 6GB RAM + 64GB / 128GB ROMNo MicroSD||3GB / 4GB/ 6GB RAM + 32GB / 64GB ROMmicro SD slot: YES|
|SOFTWARE||Android 8.1 with MIUI 9.5||Android 8 with MIUI 9|
|CONNECTIVITY||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, USB-CNo Headphone Jack||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, MicroUSB3.5mm Headphone Jack|
|CAMERA|| Dual 12 + 20 MP, f/1.75,
20 MP Front Cam With Flash
|Dual 12 + 5 MP, f/1.9
13MP Front Camera With Flash
|BATTERY||3010 mAh, 5V 2A Fast Charge||4000 mAh, 5V 2A fast charging|
|ADDITIONAL FEATURES||XiaoAi assistant, Scene Recognition, Face Unlock||Hybrid Dual SIM, Face Unlock|
If you have read the above specs table, you would spot a few important differences between the models. The Xiaomi Mi 6X is the better model here with a powerful SD660 processor, capable dual 12+20MP cameras, and USB Type-C. The Redmi Note 5 Pro does bring a few things to the table like
- a dedicated 3.5mm headphone jack,
- a MicroSD card slot,
- and a larger battery.
But these Specs aren’t necessarily big features to choose it over the Mi 6X model. The 3010mAh battery, despite being average, should deliver a day’s life. With the increase in smartphone storage, fewer customers use MicroSD card slots these days. Also, there’s a decent Type-C adapter as an alternative to the headphone jack. In short, these shortcomings of the Xiaomi Mi 6X can be forgiven for the increased CPU and camera performance that it brings to the table.
Xiaomi Mi 6X vs Redmi Note 5 Pro: Prices
The Xiaomi has priced the new Mi 6X quite near the Redmi Note 5 Pro models. To recap, the RN5Pro (RN5 in China) was launched at 1399 Yuan (~$221) for the 4+64GB model and 1699 Yuan ($268) for the 6+64GB model. The same storage 4+64GB and 6+64GB configurations can be availed on the Xiaomi Mi 6X for a price of 1599 yuan (~$253) and 1799 Yuan (~$284) respectively. Even with a price cut for the Redmi Note 5 Pro model, it would still be a hard decision to choose it over the Mi 6X.
Reported MIA2 specifications:
Mi A2: Specifications to be launched in India.
- Display: 5.99-inch IPS LCD display, Full HD+ resolution 2160 × 1080 pixels resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass covering
- Processor: Qualcomm’s octa-core 2.2GHz Snapdragon 660 SoC with Adreno 512 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB (expandable via microSD card)
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Rear-facing camera: 12MP primary sensor, 20MP secondary sensor, Bokeh Effect, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front-facing camera: 20MP sensor (Sony IMX376), f/1.75 aperture, Soft-LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS+GLONASS, USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Extras: Rear-Mounted Fingerprint Reader
- Battery: 3010mAh, Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold