You must observe some precautions to make sure that you do not end up ruining the smartphone or instead breaking it. Here is a list of the Do’s and Don’ts which you must follow to have a hassle-free smartphone cleaning experience: –
1. Power off your phone and remove its battery. If your phone does not have a removable battery, then you just have to turn it off.
2. Make sure you are not standing while you are cleaning your phone, it might break it. Sit on a chair and do the cleaning process on a table. Keep all the cleaning material handy.
3. Remove any protective case or cover that you may be using.
4. Clean the screen with a dry cotton cloth with gentle strokes. If required apply a little pressure, do not press it too hard.
5. If required use only a damp cloth, not something that is soaking wet. Spray the cleaning liquid onto the cloth and then use it to wipe the screen.
6. Use a soft brush to remove dirt from tricky corners.
7. Use the damp cloth to clean the back side as well as the edges.
8. Use a soft blower or blow from your mouth to clean the charging port, speakers and the audio port.
9. Clean the front and back camera with a damp cloth and quickly dry it with a dry cloth.
10. Turn on the smartphone only after you have completed the cleaning process, and the phone is completely dried.
- Do not use a wet cloth. Always use a damp or dry cloth to clean the phone.
- Never spray any liquid directly on to the screen; this could damage the phone completely.
- Never attempt to clean your smartphone while standing. It might slip from your hand and break.
- Do not use any liquids to clean the various ports and jacks. It might cause irreparable damage.
- Do not use any sharp or pointed objects for cleaning.
- Do not try to use any mixture of chemicals that have been prepared by you. Always buy cleaning liquids explicitly prepared for cleaning the phone.