it has been some time that stable version of MIUI9 is launched for all the xiaomi phones, but trying to flash custom ROMs or lineage os is not an easy task. kindly ask support in the comments below if you are not sure, which may brick your phone if you are not doing it correctly. I have taken an example of redmi 3s prime ,but you can install twrp latest version for all xiaomi phones if you follow the below method. Please ensure you are downloading the correct file for your phone model, which you will be getting easier. remember this is an example of how to root and flash twrp in MIUI9,
This method is for XIAOMI REDMI 3S PRIME ,but you can search for the flasher tool kit for your respective phone.
please share and subscribe if you like the article.
Greeting to all XIAOMI fans…
FLASHER TOOLKIT LAND is a hassle-free flasher for multi-purpose tasking. Since, many have found that flashing TWRP is quite messy when you still see the the cable & the phone animation of the stock recovery. Now you can easily explore other custom ROM or flash GApps to install Google Play Store as a default App Store and you can even flash your fastboot ROM if you have an Unlocked Bootloader.
Using FLASHER TOOLKIT Redmi 3S/Prime/3X:
1. Download “Minimal ADB and Fastboot” and install, download “UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76.zip” and move to the “Download” folder of your phone.
2. Plug your device in an ON-STATE via USB cable to your PC/Laptop.
3. Download and extract, “Run as administrator” and execute “FLASHER TOOLKIT LANDv1.bat” as shown below.
4. Next, you see the menu for what you want to do, as mentioned on the highlight, choose Menu #1 to flash TWRP 3.0.0 and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. It will check whether you have followed all the Essentials mentioned above, and when all are met, it will run accordingly and flawlessly.
6. Once the flashing is done successfully, you will be asked to install UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76.zip and GApps zip (optional), as shown below.
7. Images after you successfully flashed the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76 and Open GApps.
9. Now, that you have successfully flashed custom recovery TWRP and rooted with SuperSU. Enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: DO ON YOUR OWN RISK. Flashing can potentially bricked or bootloop your device.